KashmirBox.com is a multi-product, multi-brand e-commerce marketplace from the vale of Kashmir. Here artisans, craftsmen, entrepreneurs and the other creative Kashmiris showcase their products and skills to the global marketplace. In this otherwise hostile environment, it is our effort to help the community towards creating a sustainable livelihood.
We are a social business platform that is committed to bring a vibrant economic activity to the community and unlock the potential of all stakeholders. In our mission to widen our embrace and include underprivileged members of our community, Kashmir Box Foundation has been formed as our corporate social responsibility, where the sole purpose is to aid those in need.
What is the problem the startup is solving?
• The industry faces lack of design, innovation and technology upgrade
• The artisans are still using the age old technology and methods of production, which are highly inefficient; this restricts their
production capacity and the quality of output
• Since artisans have inadequate information on market trends, they have difficulty in understanding how to tailor their products to meet the changing demands
• Artisans are dependent on middlemen who often exploit them by paying them a fraction of their fair wages
• The artisans lack the experience in positioning and marketing their products for international markets which often results in them losing out on potential export opportunities
• Due to their rural orientation, artisans are often unable to access training and technology to supply their products to online markets and access new customers
How does your startup propose to solve this problem?
• The design team works very closely with the artisans; provides design inputs and product development assistance to ensure that the end product matches the preferences of contemporary markets
• Kashmir Box helps the artisans build their individual brands and establish sustainable crafts businesses
• Kashmir Box is streamlining the fragmented supply-chain by efficiently aggregating the goods from the artisans, carrying out quality checks and supplying them to its B2C, B2B & B2B2C clients
• The company pays the artisans 20-30% higher than the wholesale price they would receive in the market; Kashmir
Box is coming up with royalty model where the artisans will be profit shareholders
• Kashmir Box aims to provide artisans round the year selling capability through a global marketplace
What is the uniqueness of your solution?
The uniqueness of our model is a six element ecosystem which is based on providing Multiple Sale Channels, providing Customization, Selling GI products, Setting up a Design Store, partnering with Global Designers and doing Social Impact by organizing the Supply Chain at the bottom of the pyramid.
How does your startup generate revenue?
By selling products on our online platform including corporate gifting and through institutional sales.